Micrel's MIC2544A and MIC2548A are integrated, high-side power switches that are optimized for low loss DC power switching and other power management applications, including advanced configuration and power interface (ACPI). The MIC2544A/48A is a cost-effective, highly integrated solution that requires few external components to satisfy USB and ACPI requirements.
Load current management features include a precision resistor-programmable output current-limit and a soft-start circuit that minimizes inrush current when the switch is enabled. Thermal shutdown, along with current-limit, protects the switch and the attached device.
The MIC2544A/MIC2548A open-drain flag output is used to indicate current-limiting or thermal shutdown to a local controller. The MIC2548A has an additional internal latch that turns the output off upon thermal shutdown, providing robust fault control. The enable signal is compatible with both 3V and 5V logic and is also used as the thermal shutdown latch reset for the MIC2548A.
- 2.7V to 5.5V input
- Adjustable current-limit up to 1.5A
- Reverse current flow blocking (no “body diode”)
- 90µA typical on-state supply current
- 1μA typical off-state supply current
- 120mΩ maximum on-resistance
- Open-drain fault flag
- Thermal shutdown
- Thermal shutdown output latch (MIC2548A)
- 2ms (slow) turn-on and fast turn-off
- Available with active-high or active-low enable
Programmable Current Limit High-Side Switch