Microchip's MIC5350 is a tiny, dual, ultra low-dropout (ULDO™) linear regulator, which is ideally suited for portable electronics due to its low output noise. The MIC5350 integrates high-performance 300 mA (V OUT1) and 500 mA (V OUT2) ULDOs™ into a tiny 2 mm x 2 mm leadless Thin MLF® package, which provides exceptional thermal characteristics.
The MIC5350 is designed to be stable with small ceramic output capacitors, thereby reducing required board space and component cost. The combination of extremely low-drop-out voltage, low output noise, and exceptional thermal package characteristics makes it ideal for powering RF and noise-sensitive circuitry, cellular phone camera modules, imaging sensors for digital still cameras, PDAs, MP3 players and webcam applications.
- 2.6 V to 5.5 V input voltage range
- Ultra-low dropout voltage: 75 mV at 300 mA and 125 mV at 500 mA
- Ultra-low output noise: 30 μV RMS
- ±2% initial output accuracy
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Fast startup time: 30 μs
- μCap stable with 2.2 μF ceramic capacitors
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Low quiescent current: 130 μA with both outputs at maximum load
- Current-limit protection