Microchip's MIC47050 is a high-speed, ultra-low dropout, dual-supply NMOS ULDO™ designed to take advantage of point-of-load applications that use multiple supply rails to generate a low-voltage, high-current power supply. The MIC47050 can source 500 mA of output current while only requiring a 1 μF ceramic output capacitor for stability. A 1.5% output voltage accuracy, low dropout voltage (44 mV at 500 mA), and low ground current make this device ideally suited for mobile and point-of-load applications.
The MIC47050 has an NMOS output stage offering very low output impedance. The NMOS output stage makes for the unique ability to respond very quickly to sudden load changes such as those required by a microprocessor, DSP, or FPGA. The MIC47050 consumes little quiescent current and therefore, can be used for driving the core voltages of mobile processors post regulating a core DC/DC converter in any processor.
- Voltage range
- Input voltage: 1.0 V to 3.6 V
- Bias voltage: 2.3V to 5.5V
- 0.4 V to 2.0 V output voltage range
- Low dropout voltage of 44 mV at 500 mA
- ±1.5% initial output voltage accuracy
- High bandwidth – very fast transient response
- Stable with a 1 μF ceramic output capacitor
- Logic level enable input
- Thermally-enhanced 2 mm x 2 mm MLF® package
- Junction temperature range of –40°C to 125°C