The Microchip MIC4604 is an 85 V half-bridge MOSFET driver. The MIC4604 features fast 39 ns propagation delay times and 20 ns driver rise/fall times for a 1 nF capacitive load. The low- and high-side gate drivers are independently controlled. The MIC4604 has TTL input thresholds. It includes a high-voltage internal diode that helps charge the high-side gate drive bootstrap capacitor.
A robust, high-speed, and low-power level shifter provides clean level transitions to the high-side output. The robust operation of the MIC4604 ensures that the outputs are not affected by supply glitches, HS ringing below ground, or HS slewing with high-speed voltage transitions. Under-voltage protection is provided on both the low- and high-side drivers.
The MIC4604 is available in an 8-pin SOIC package and a tiny 10-pin 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm TDFN package. Both packages have an operating junction temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- 5.5 V to 16 V gate-drive supply voltage range
- Drives high- and low-side N-Channel MOSFETs with independent inputs
- On-chip bootstrap diode
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Fast 39 ns propagation times
- TTL input thresholds
- Drives 1000 pF load with 20 ns rise and fall times
- Lower power consumption
- Supplies under-voltage protection