Microchip's MIC2164/-2/-3 is a synchronous, digital modified, constant on-time pulse-width modulation (PWM) buck controller family. MIC2164 is the first product in the new Hyper Speed Control™ family of buck controllers introduced by Microchip. These controllers are targeted for cost sensitive applications requiring high performance such as set-top boxes, gateways, routers, computing peripherals, and telecom/networking equipments.
The MIC2164/-2/-3 family operates over an input supply range of 3 V to 28 V, and is independent of the IC supply voltage. The MIC2164/-2/-3 family is capable of supplying 25 A output current. The MIC2164 operates at 300 kHz, the MIC2164-2 operates at 600 kHz, and the MIC2164-3 operates at 1 MHz.
- Hyper Speed Control™ architecture enables
- 3 V to 28 V input voltage
- 25 A output current capability
- 300 kHz/600 kHz/1 MHz switching frequency
- Constant on-time mode control
- Output down to 0.8 V with ±1% FB accuracy
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Foldback current limit and "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection
- All N-Channel MOSFET design
- No current-sense resistor needed