The MAQ5280 from Microchip is a high performance low dropout regulator, offering a very low noise output with a very wide input voltage operating range, up to 120V DC input voltage.
Ideal for high input voltage applications such as automotive and telecom, the MAQ5280 offers 2% initial accuracy, extremely high power supply rejection ratio (PSRR > 80dB) and low ground current (typically 31µA). The MAQ5280 can also be put into a zero-off-mode current state, drawing a minuscule amount of current when disabled.
The MAQ5280 has a very wide input voltage range, with a DC rating from –24V to 120V. This wide input range covers the automotive load dump range and the MAQ5280 is optimized for line transient response, making it ideal for harsh environment applications. In addition, the MAQ5280 is AEC-Q100 qualified.
The MAQ5280 has an operating junction temperature range of –40°C to +125°C and is available in an adjustable output voltage version in an 8-pin EPAD SOIC, lead-free (RoHS compliant) package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 120V DC
- Very Low Quiescent Current: 31 µA typical
- 25mA guaranteed output current
- Adjustable Output from 1.215V to 5V
- DC voltage protection down to –24V
- Ability to withstand up to +120V DC at the input
- Stable with ceramic output capacitors
- Ultra High PSRR > 80dB for RF Applications
- High output accuracy
- Automotive Systems
- Industrial Applications
- Remote Keyless Entry Power Supply
- Telecom Applications
- Off-line Power Supplies