The KSZ8851 is a single-port embedded controller chip with 8/16/32-bit and SPI host interfaces. The device is pin compatible with Microchip's KSZ8841 and KSZ8842 product families.
The KSZ8851 integrates a Fast Ethernet MAC/PHY with an 8/16/32-bit generic host processor interface and SPI interface. The device has 18 KB of internal buffer memory shared between the RXQ and TXQ. The buffer memory on the receive queue is 12 KB, while the buffer memory for the transmit queue is 6 KB.
The KSZ8851 is designed with flexibility in mind. The device is designed using a low-power CMOS process which features programmable IO options of 1.8/2.5/3.3 V.
The KSZ8851 supports cable diagnostics feature LinkMD® and Hewlett Packard (HP) Auto-MDIX. The LinkMD® feature determines the length of the cabling plant and also ascertains if there is an open or short condition in the cable. Hewlett Packard (HP) Auto-MDIX features eliminate the need to differentiate between straight or crossover cables.
The KSZ8851 is designed to be fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3 standards. It is also available in industrial grade version.
- Flexible 8/16/32-bit generic host processor interface or SPI interface
- KSZ8851MQL is pin compatible with existing KSZ8841MQL and KSZ8842MQL family
- Best-of-class performance
- Fast and simple Host Read or Write access cycle at 50 nS to any I/O registers and TX(6KB)/RX(12KB) FIFO Buffers with slave DMA operation
- Enables 4x HD video streaming at Home
- Low power consumption with enhanced power management
- Low power CMOS process with programmable IO options (1.8 V/2.5 V/3.3 V)
- Automatically wake-up from low power state to normal power state or go-sleep from normal power state to low power state, depending on the presence of carrier (signal energy)
- Video Distribution Systems
- High-end Cable, Satellite, and IP set-top boxes
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Video over IP
- Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA)
- Industrial Control in Latency Critical Applications
- Motion Control
- Security and Surveillance Cameras