Microchip's commitment to supporting industrial networking is further enhanced with EtherSynch™ technology, based on IEEE1588v2 time synchronization. EtherSynch™ technology enables an advanced, low-cost, hardware-based architecture that offloads both synchronization and communications processing from the host CPU.
The EtherSynch™ family of 1588v2 Ethernet switches and controllers offer highly-integrated, power efficient solutions for major industrial Ethernet standards such as Ethernet/IP, Profinet, ModBus/TCP, and Powerlink. Development timescales are shortened with the availability of both hardware and pre-qualified PTP software stack.
- Comprehensive PTP clock modes
- Hardware-assisted PTP implementation
- Extensive GPIO synchronized to precision clock
- Bypass mode and source address filtering
- Flexible host interface options: MII, RMII, and Generic Host Interface
- PTP protocol stack integrated with driver
- Compact 10 mm x 10 mm, 64-pin, LQFP package
- Advanced power management
- Industrial automation and motion control systems
- Real-time Ethernet networks requiring sub-microsecond synchronization over standard Ethernet
- IEC 61850 networks supporting power substation automation
- Networked measurement and control systems
- Test and measurement equipment
IEEE1588v2 Ethernet Switches and Controllers