The MAXSANTAFEEVSYS kit allows users to quickly demonstrate and evaluate the functionality of the MAXREFDES5 4-channel 16-bit, isolated analog front-end (AFE) reference design without the need for a bench power supply, signal generator equipment, or Xilinx development kit. The reference design board connects to a PC through an included USB-to-SPI adapter that provides both power and data communication to the board. To test the AFE reference design, a USB-powered signal generator board utilizing one of Maxim’s digital-to-analog converters (DAC) is also included. A Windows®-based graphical user interface (GUI) communicates with the boards for generating various analog signal test patterns and simplified access to AFE measurement data.
The MAXREFDES5 reference design is a 4-channel analog front-end (AFE) that accepts -10 V to +10 V, 0 V to 10 V, and 4–20 mA current-loop signals. The design integrates a 16-bit ADC with multi-range input programmability (MAX1301) plus low-noise, high-impedance analog buffers (MAX9632) on two of the input channels and an ultra-high-precision 4.096 V voltage reference (MAX6126) to achieve maximum performance from the 16-bit system. A 600 VRMS digital isolator (MAX14850) and 3 W transformer driver (MAX256) provide the necessary isolated data and power connections to the host system. LDO regulators (MAX1659) provide regulated +12 V, -12 V, and 5 V power rails to the analog front-end.
MAXSANTAFEEVSYS User Manual is available.
EV Kit Contents
- MAXREFDES5 4-channel AFE board
- USB2PMB1 USB to Pmod™ Type 2A adapter board
- MAX5216DACLITE signal generator board
- Two (2) wires with hook clips (1 red and 1 black)
- Two (2) USB Type A male to USB Type B mini cables
- USB Flash drive with documentation, GUI applications, and USB drivers
- Self-contained easy evaluation kit for MAXREFDES5
- Optimized AFE with common analog input ranges
- Small form factor test platform
- All relevant reference design files included
- Industrial data acquisition
- Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controllers