Maxim Integrated's MAX5825 8-channel, low-power, 12-bit, voltage-output digital-to-analog converters (DACs) include output buffers and an internal 3 ppm/°C reference that is selectable to be 2.048 V, 2.500 V, or 4.096 V. The MAX5825 accepts a wide supply voltage range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V with extremely low power (6 mW) consumption to accommodate most low-voltage applications. A precision external reference input allows rail-to-rail operation and presents a 100 kΩ (typical) load to an external reference.
The MAX5825 have an I²C-compatible, 2-wire interface that operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz. The DAC output is buffered and has a low supply current of less than 250 µA per channel and a low offset error of ±0.5 mV (typical). On power-up, the MAX5825 reset the DAC outputs to zero or midscale based on the status of M/active-low Z logic input, providing flexibility for a variety of control applications. The internal reference is initially powered down to allow use of an external reference. The MAX5825 allow simultaneous output updates using software LOAD commands or the hardware load DAC logic input (active-low LDAC).
The MAX5825 feature a watchdog function which can be enabled to monitor the I/O interface for activity and integrity.
- Supply range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Separate, 1.8 V to 5.5 V, VDDIO power-supply input
- Fast 400 kHz I²C-compatible, 2-wire serial interface
- Pin-selectable power-on-reset to zero-scale or midscale DAC output
- Active-low LDAC and active-low CLR for asynchronous DAC control
- Automatic tuning and optical control
- Gain and offset adjustment
- Portable instrumentation
- Power amplifier control and biasing
- Process control and servo loops