The Maxim MAX3202E/MAX3203E/MAX3204E/MAX3206E devices are low-capacitance, ±15 kV ESD-protection diode arrays designed to protect sensitive electronics attached to communication lines. Each channel consists of a pair of diodes that steer ESD current pulses to VCC or GND. The MAX3202E/MAX3203E/MAX3204E/MAX3206E protect against ESD pulses up to ±15 kV Human Body Model, ±8 kV Contact Discharge, and ±15 kV Air-Gap Discharge, as specified in IEC 61000-4-2. These devices have a 5 pF capacitance per channel, making them ideal for use on high-speed data I/O interfaces.
The MAX3202E is a two-channel device intended for USB and USB 2.0 applications. The MAX3203E is a triple-ESD structure intended for USB On-the-Go (OTG) and video applications. The MAX3204E is a quad-ESD structure designed for Ethernet and FireWire® applications, and the MAX3206E is a six-channel device designed for cell phone connectors and SVGA video connections.
All devices are available in tiny 4-bump (1.05 mm x 1.05 mm) WLP, 6-bump (1.05mm x 1.57mm) WLP, 9-bump (1.52 mm x 1.52 mm) WLP, 6-pin (3 mm x 3 mm) TDFN, and 12-pin (4 mm x 4 mm) TQFN packages and are specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.
- High-speed data line ESD protection
- ±15 kV - human body model
- ±8 kV - IEC 61000-4-2, contact discharge
- ±15 kV - IEC 61000-4-2, air-gap discharge
- Tiny WLP packages available
- Low 5 pF input capacitance
- Low 1 nA (max) leakage current
- Low 1 nA supply current
- +0.9 V to +5.5 V supply voltage range
- 2-, 3-, 4-, or 6-channel devices available