Maxim's MAX2659 high-gain, low-noise amplifier (LNA) is designed for GPS, Galileo, and GLONASS applications. Designed in Maxim's advanced SiGe process, the device achieves a 20.5 dB gain and an ultra-low noise figure of 0.8 dB while maximizing the input-referred 1 dB compression point and the 3rd-order intercept point at -12 dBm and -5 dBm, respectively.
The MAX2659 operates from a 1.6 to 3.3 V single supply and consumes only 4.1 mA. The shutdown feature in the device reduces the supply current to be less than 1 µA. The MAX2659 is available in a very small, lead-free, RoHS-compliant, 1.5 mm x 1.0 mm x 0.75 mm, 6-pin µDFN package.
The MAX2659 evaluation kit (EV kit) simplifies evaluation of the MAX2659 GPS/GNSS low-noise amplifier (LNA). The MAX2659 high-gain, LNA is designed for GPS, Galileo, and GLONASS applications. The EV kit enables testing of the device's performance and requires no additional support circuitry. The MAX2659 EV kit is fully assembled with the MAX2659 IC on-board and incorporates input matching components to optimize performance. The EV kit's signal inputs and outputs use SMA connectors to facilitate the connection of RF test equipment.
- High-power gain: 20.5 dB
- Ultra-low-noise figure: 0.8 dB
- Integrated 50 Ω output matching circuit
- Low supply current: 4.1 mA
- Wide supply voltage range: 1.6 to 3.3 V
- Low bill of materials
- Small footprint: 1.5 mm x 1.0 mm
- Thin profile: 0.75 mm
- Lead-free and RoHS-compliant package
- Automotive navigation
- Cellular phones with GPS
- Location-enabled mobile devices
- Notebook/ultra-mobile PCs
- Personal navigation devices (PND)
- Recreational, marine navigation
- Telematics (asset tracking and management)