Maxim's MAX16952 is a current-mode, synchronous PWM step-down controller designed to operate with input voltages from 3.5 V to 36 V while using only 50 µA of quiescent current at no load. The switching frequency is adjustable from 1 MHz to 2.2 MHz by an external resistor and can be synchronized to an external clock up to 2.4 MHz. The MAX16952 output voltage is pin-programmable to be either 5 V fixed or adjustable from 1 V to 13 V. The wide input voltage range, along with its ability to operate in dropout during undervoltage transients, makes it ideal for automotive and industrial applications. The MAX16955 operates in fixed-frequency PWM mode and low quiescent-current skip mode.
- Wide 3.5 V to 36 V input voltage range
- 42 V input transient tolerance
- High duty cycle during undervoltage transients
- 1 MHz to 2.2 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- Current-mode control architecture
- Point of load