The MAX15006 and MAX15007 ultra-low quiescent-current linear regulators are ideal for use in automotive and battery-operated systems. These devices operate from an input voltage of 4 V to 40 V, deliver up to 50 mA of output current, and consume only 10 µA of quiescent current at no load. The internal p-channel pass device keeps the quiescent current low even at full load. The MAX15007 consumes only 3 µA current when in shutdown.
The MAX15006A/MAX15007A has a fixed 3.3 V output while the MAX15006B/MAX15007B has a fixed 5 V output voltage. The MAX15007 includes an enable input to turn the device on or off. All devices are short-circuit protected and include thermal shutdown.
The MAX15006/MAX15007 operate over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range. These devices are available in space-saving 3 mm x 3 mm 6-pin TDFN and 8-pin SO thermally enhanced packages.
- Wide operating input voltage range (4 V to 40 V)
- Guaranteed 50 mA output current
- Low quiescent current 10 µA and 90 µA
- Operates through cold-crank condition
- Withstands 45 V load dump
- Low dropout voltage of 300 mV (MAX15006B/MAX15007B)
- Stable operation with tiny 2.2µF output capacitor
- Enable input (MAX15007)
- Preset 3.3 V and 5.0 V output voltages
- 1.8 V to 10 V adjustable output (MAX15006C/MAX15007C)
- Thermal and short-circuit protection
- -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Thermally enhanced 3 mm x 3 mm 6-pin TDFN/8-pin SO packages