The MAX13041 ±80 V fault-protected, high-speed controller area network (CAN) transceiver is ideal for highspeed automotive network applications where high reliability and advanced power management are required. The device links a CAN protocol controller to the physical bus wires of the controller area network and allows communication at speeds up to 1 Mbps.
The extended fault-protected voltage range of ±80 V on CAN bus lines allows for use in +12 V or +42 V automotive, and higher voltage +24 V and +36 V mid-heavy truck applications. Advanced power management features make the MAX13041 ideal for automotive electronic control unit (ECU) modules that are permanently supplied by battery, regardless of the ignition switch position (clamp-30, Type-A modules). The device controls one or more external voltage regulators to provide a low power sleep mode for an entire clamp-30 node. Wake-on CAN capability allows the MAX13041 to restore power to the node upon detection of CAN bus activity. The MAX13041 is available in a 14-pin SO package, and operates over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- ±12kV HBM ESD protection on CANH, CANL
- ±80V fault protection on CANH, CANL, SPLIT; up to +76 V operation on VBAT
- Fully compatible with the ISO11898 standard
- Low VBAT supply current in standby and sleep modes (18µA Typical)
- Voltage level translation for interfacing with +2.8 V to +5.5 V CAN protocol controllers
- Recessive Bus stabilization (SPLIT)
- Allows implementation of large networks
- +12 V automotive-clamp 30 modules
- +24 V mid-heavy truck- clamp 30 modules
- +42 V automotive-clamp 30 modules
- Military and commercial aircraft