Maxim's MAX1302 multirange, low-power, 16 bit, successive-approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC) operates from a single +5 V supply and achieves throughput rates up to 115 ksps. A separate digital supply allows digital interfacing with a 2.7 V to 5.25 V system using the SPI-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE®-compatible serial interface. Partial power-down mode reduces the supply current to 1.3 mA (typ). Full power-down mode reduces the power-supply current to 1 µA (typ).
The MAX1302 provides eight (single-ended) or four (true differential) analog input channels. Each analog input channel is independently software programmable for seven single-ended input ranges (0 V to +VREF/2, -VREF/2 to 0 V, 0 V to +VREF, -VREF to 0 V, ±VREF/4, ±VREF/2, and ±VREF), and three differential input ranges (±VREF/2, ±VREF, ±2 x VREF). An on-chip +4.096 V reference offers a small convenient ADC solution. The MAX1302 also accepts an external reference voltage between 3.800 V and 4.136 V.
- Software-programmable input range for 8 separate channels
- Single-ended input ranges:
0 V to +VREF/2, -VREF/2 to 0 V, 0 V to +VREF,
-VREF to 0 V, ±VREF/4, ±VREF/2, and ±VREF
- Differential input ranges:
±VREF/2, ±VREF, and ±2 x VREF
- Eight single-ended or four differential analog inputs
- ±6 V overvoltage tolerant inputs
- Internal or external reference
- 115 ksps maximum sample rate
- Single +5 V power supply
- 24-pin TSSOP package
- Data-acquisition systems
- Industrial control systems