The Maxim MAX11200/MAX11210 are ultra-low-power (< 300 µA active current), high-resolution, serial output ADCs. These devices provide the highest resolution per unit power in the industry, and are optimized for applications that require very high dynamic range with low power, such as sensors on a 4 mA to 20 mA industrial control loop. Optional input buffers provide isolation of the signal inputs from the switched capacitor sampling network, allowing these converters to be used with high-impedance sources without compromising available dynamic range or linearity.
The devices provide a high-accuracy internal oscillator that requires no external components. When used with the specified data rates, the internal digital filter provides more than 100 dB rejection of 50 Hz or 60 Hz line noise. The devices are configurable using the SPI interface and include four GPIOs that can be used for external mux control. The MAX11210 includes digital programmable gain of 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16. The MAX11200 and MAX11210 operate over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range, and are available in a 16-pin, QSOP package.
- 24-bit ENOB at 5 sps
- 20.9-bit noise-free resolution at 10 sps
- 19-bit noise-free resolution at 120 sps
- 570 nVRMS noise at 10 sps, ±3.6 VFS input
- 1 ppm INL (typ), 10 ppm (max)
- No missing codes
- Ultra-low power dissipation
- Operating-mode current drain < 300 µA (max)
- Sleep-mode current drain < 0.4 µA
- Fully differential signal and reference inputs