Maxim Integrated's 71M6541D, 71M6541F, 71M6541G, 71M6542F, 71M6542G are Teridian™, 4th-generation single-phase metering SoCs with a 5 MHz 8051-compatible MPU core, low-power RTC with digital temperature compensation, flash memory, and LCD driver. Our Single Converter Technology® with a 22-bit delta-sigma ADC, three or four analog inputs, digital temperature compensation, precision voltage reference, and a 32-bit computation engine (CE) supports a wide range of metering applications with very few external components.
The 71M6541/2 devices support optional interfaces to the Teridian 71M6x01 series of isolated sensors, which offer BOM cost reduction, immunity to magnetic tamper, and enhanced reliability. Other features include an SPI interface, advanced power management, ultra-low-power operation in active and battery modes, 3/5 KB shared RAM and 32/64/128 KB of flash memory that can be programmed in the field with code and/or data during meter operation and the ability to drive up to six LCD segments per SEG driver pin. High processing and sampling rates combined with differential inputs offer a powerful metering platform for residential meters.
A complete array of code development tools, demonstration code, and reference designs enable rapid development and certification of meters that meet all ANSI and IEC electricity metering standards worldwide.
- < 0.5% Wh accuracy over industrial temperature range and 2000:1 current range
- Two current sensor inputs with differential mode selectable
- Selectable gain of 1 or 8 for one current input
- High-speed Wh/VARh pulse outputs with programmable width
- Exceeds IEC 62053/ANSI C12.20 standards
- 32 KB flash, 3KB RAM (71M6541D)
- 64 KB flash, 5KB RAM (71M6541F/71M6542F)
- 128 KB flash, 5KB RAM (71M6541G/42G)