Maxim's Teridian™ 78M6631 is a highly-integrated, three-phase power measurement and monitoring system-on-chip (SoC), with a 10 MHz 8051-compatible MPU core and Single Converter Technology® containing a 22-bit Delta-Sigma converter and 32-bit Compute Engine (CE). The 78M6631 has been designed specifically for a wide variety of applications requiring 3-phase power and quality measurements. It supports both Delta and Wye configurations.
At the measurement interface, the device provides six analog inputs including three differential current and three voltage for interfacing to current and voltage sensors. The device provides better than 0.5% accuracy over a wide, 2000:1 dynamic range. The integrated MPU core and 128 KB of flash memory provide a flexible means of configuration, post-processing, data formatting, interfacing to host processor via a UART or SPI interface, or using DIO pins for LEDs or relay control.
- < 0.5% W accuracy over 2000:1 current range and over temperature
- Exceeds IEC 62053/ANSI C12.20 standards
- Voltage reference < 40 ppm/°C
- Six analog inputs supporting 3-phase voltage and current measurement inputs
- Pin- or bi-selectable Delta or Wye configuration
- 22-bit Delta-Sigma ADC with independent 32-bit Compute Engine (CE)
- Building automation
- Data centers
- Storage power supplies
- Power distribution units
- Motor health
- Solar inverters