Littelfuse, Inc. offers the Silicon Protection Array (SPA) SP1005 and SP1007 series discrete bidirectional TVS diodes for ESD protection. These devices measure only 0.62 mm x 0.32 mm x 0.28 mm. The SP1005 (30 pF at 0 V) offers up to ±30 kV ESD protection and 10 A (tP=8/20 μs) of surge protection with only 0.7Ω of dynamic resistance, providing best-in-class clamping performance. The SP1007 (3.5 pF at 2.5 V) can withstand up to ±8 kV ESD, which protects up to the maximum level of the IEC61000-4-2 international standard.
Both devices are particularly suitable for designs where board space is severely limited. Applicants include mobile phones, smartphones, camcorders, PDAs, digital cameras, MP3/PMPs, portable navigation devices, portable medical devices, and point-of-sale terminals.
- ESD, IEC61000-4-2, ±30 kV contact, ±30 kV air
- Lightning, IEC61000-4-5, 10 A (tP=8/20 μs)
- Dynamic resistance, 0.7Ω
- Industry’s smallest ESD footprint available (0201)
- ESD, IEC61000-4-2, ±8 kV contact, ±15 kV air
- Lightning, IEC61000-4-5, 2A (tP=8/20 μs)
- Dynamic resistance, 1.9Ω
- EFT, IEC61000-4-4, 40 A (tP=5/50 ns)
- Maximum ESD/EFT protection per the IEC standard (Level 4)
- Offers protection against low- and mid-level lightning induced surges
- Provides low clamping voltage
- Saves valuable board space and gives a more flexible design
- ESD protection beyond the maximum requirement of the IEC standard
- Provides best in class clamping performance