Linear Technology's LTM®4620 is a complete, dual 13 A, output switching-mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductors, and all supporting components. Operating from an input voltage range of 4.5 V to 16 V, the LTM4620 supports two outputs, each with an output voltage range of 0.6 V to 2.5 V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers up to 13 A continuous current for each output. Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
The device supports frequency synchronization, multiphase operation, Burst Mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing and has an onboard temperature diode for device temperature monitoring.
- Dual 13 A or single 26 A output
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 V to 16 V
- Output voltage range: 0.6 V to 2.5 V
- ±1.5% maximum total DC output error
- Multiphase current sharing with multiple LTM4620s up to 100 A
- Differential remote sense amplifiers
- Current mode control/fast transient response
- Adjustable switching frequency
- Overcurrent foldback protection
- Frequency synchronization
- Internal temperature sensing diode output
- Output overvoltage protection