Linear Technology's LTM4618 is a complete 6A output switching mode DC/DC power supply in a 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 26.5V, the LTM4618 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers 6A continuous current (8A peak). Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
High switching frequency and current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Burst mode operation or pulse-skipping mode can be selected for light load operations. Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, and foldback current limit for short-circuit protection.
- Complete standalone power supply
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5V to 26.5V
- 6A DC typical, 8A peak output current
- 0.8V to 5V output
- Output voltage tracking
- ±1.75% maximum total DC error
- Current mode control/fast transient response
- Phase-lockable fixed frequency 250kHz to 780kHz
- Onboard frequency synchronization
- Power good voltage indicator
- Output overvoltage protection
- Output current foldback limiting
- RoHS compliant