Linear Technology's LTC6992 is a silicon oscillator with an easy-to-use analog voltage-controlled pulse width modulation (PWM) capability. The LTC6992 is part of the TimerBlox™ family of versatile silicon timing devices.
A single resistor, RSET, programs the LTC6992’s internal master oscillator frequency. This master oscillator and an internal frequency divider, NDIV, programmable to eight settings from 1 to 16384, determine the output frequency.
- Pulse width modulation (PWM) controlled by simple 0 V to 1 V analog input
- Four available options define duty cycle limits
- Minimum duty cycle at 0% or 5%
- Maximum duty cycle at 95% or 100%
- Frequency range: 3.81 Hz to 1 MHz
- Configured with 1 to 3 resistors
- < 1.7% maximum frequency error
- PWM duty cycle error < 3.7% maximum
- Frequency modulation (VCO) capability
- 2.25 V to 5.5 V single supply operation
- 115 μA supply current at 100 kHz
- 500 μs start-up time
- CMOS output driver sources/sinks 20 mA
- -40°C to 125°C operating temperature range