Linear Technology's LTC6991 is a silicon oscillator with a programmable period range of 1.024 ms to 9.54 hours (29.1 μHz to 977 Hz) that is specifically intended for long duration timing events. The LTC6991 is part of the TimerBlox™ family of versatile silicon timing devices.
A single resistor, RSET, programs the LTC6991’s internal master oscillator frequency. The output clock period is determined by this master oscillator and an internal frequency divider, NDIV, programmable to eight settings from 1 to 221.
- Internal oscillator
- No crystal
- No timing caps
- Simple setup using 1 to 3 resistors
- Period range: 1 ms to 9.5 hours
- < 1.5% maximum error
- Square wave output with 50% duty cycle
- Output reset function
- 55 μA to 80 μA supply current
- 500 μs start-up time
- 2.25 V to 5.5 V single supply operation
- CMOS output driver sources/sinks 20 mA
- -40°C to 125°C operating temperature range