Linear Technology's LTC6362 is a low-power, low-noise differential op amp with rail-to-rail input and output swing that has been optimized to drive low power SAR ADCs. The LTC6362 draws only 1 mA of supply current in active operation, and features a shutdown mode in which the current consumption is reduced to 70 µA.
The amplifier may be configured to convert a singleended input signal to a differential output signal, and is capable of being operated in an inverting or noninverting configuration.
Low offset voltage, low-input bias current, and a stable, high-impedance configuration make this amplifier suitable for use, not only as an ADC driver but also earlier in the signal chain, in converting a precision sensor signal to a balanced (differential) signal for processing in noisy industrial environments.
The LTC6362 is available in an 8-lead MSOP package and also in a compact 3 mm x 3 mm 8-pin leadless DFN package, operating with guaranteed specifications over a -40°C to 125°C temperature range.
- 1 mA supply current
- Single 2.8 V to 5.25 V supply
- Fully-differential input and output
- 200 µV maximum offset voltage
- 260 nA maximum input bias current
- Fast settling: 550 ns to 18-bit, 8 VP-P output
- Low distortion: -116 dBc at 1 kHz, 8 VP-P
- Rail-to-rail inputs and outputs
- 3.9 nV/√Hz input-referred noise
- 180 MHz gain-bandwidth product
- 34 MHz, 3 dB bandwidth
- Low power shutdown: 70 µA
- 8-lead MSOP and 3 mm x 3 mm 8-lead DFN packages
- 16-bit and 18-bit SAR ADC drivers
- Single-ended-to-differential conversion
- Low-power pipeline ADC driver
- Differential line drivers
- Battery-powered instrumentation