Linear Technology's LTC5569 dual active downconverting mixer is optimized for diversity and MIMO receiver applications that require low power and small size. Each mixer includes an independent LO buffer amplifier, active mixer core, and bias circuit with enable pin. The symmetry of the IC assures that a phase and amplitude coherent LO is applied to each mixer.
The RF inputs are 50 Ω matched from 1.4 GHz to 3.3 GHz, and easily matched for higher or lower RF frequencies with simple external matching. The LO input is 50 Ω matched from 1 GHz to 3.5 GHz, even when one or both mixers are disabled. The LO input is easily matched for higher or lower frequencies, as low as 350 MHz, with simple external matching. The low capacitance differential IF outputs are usable up to 1.6 GHz.
- High IIP3: 26.8 dBm at 1950 MHz
- 2 dB conversion gain
- Low noise figure: 11.7 dB at 1950 MHz
- 17 dB NF under 5 dBm blocking
- 44 dB channel isolation
- Low power: 3.3 V/600 mW total
- Very small solution size
- Enable pins for each mixer
- Wide IF frequency range
- LO input 50 Ω matched in all modes
- -40°C to 105°C operation
- 16-Lead (4 mm x 4 mm) QFN package