Linear Technology's LTC3865 and LTC3865-1 are high performance dual synchronous step-down DC/DC switching regulator controllers that drive all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 770kHz. Power loss and noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out of phase.
OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. Independent track/soft-start pins for each controller ramp the output voltage during start up.
Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The MODE/PLLIN pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, and continuous inductor current mode. The output voltages can be precisely programmed by pin strapping or external resistors.
- Dual, 180° phased controllers
- 2-Pin VID output voltage programming from 0.6V to 5V
- High efficiency: up to 95%
- RSENSE or DCR current sensing
- Phase-lockable fixed frequency 250kHz to 770kHz
- Adjustable current limit
- Dual N-channel MOSFET synchronous drive
- Wide Vin range: 4.5V to 38V operation
- Adjustable soft-start current ramping or tracking
- Output overvoltage protection with reverse current limit
- Power good output voltage monitor
- 32-pin 5mm x 5mm QFN and 38-lead TSSOP packages