Linear Technology's LTC3788-1 is a high performance 2-phase dual synchronous boost converter controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses, and eases thermal requirements, allowing the LTC3788-1 to be used in high power boost applications.
A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850 kHz. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3788-1 features a precision 1.2 V reference and a power good output indicator. A 4.5 V to 38 V input supply range encompasses a wide range of system architectures and battery chemistries.
Independent SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during startup. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
- Synchronous operation for highest efficiency and reduced heat dissipation
- Wide input range: 4.5 V to 38 V (40 V Abs max.) and operates down to 2.5 V after startup
- Output voltages up to 60 V
- ±1% 1.2 V reference voltage
- RSENSE or inductor DCR current sensing
- 100% duty cycle capability for synchronous MOSFET
- Low quiescent current: 125 μA
- Phase-lockable frequency (75 kHz to 850 kHz)
- Programmable fixed frequency (50 kHz to 900 kHz)
- Adjustable output voltage soft-start
- Power good output voltage monitor
- Low shutdown current IQ: <8 μA
- Internal LDO powers gate drive from VBIAS or EXTVCC