Linear Technology's LTC2978 is an octal, PMBus compliant power supply monitor, supervisor, sequencer, and margin controller. PMBus functions include warning and fault OV/UV threshold pairs for eight output channels and one input channel. Programmable fault response allows the power supplies to be disabled with optional retry after a fault has been detected. PMBus allows eight output voltages and one input voltage to be monitored. In addition, odd numbered channels can substitute sense resistor voltage measurements for output voltage measurements.
PMBus commands support power supply sequencing and the precision point-of-load voltage level to one of three programmed values: margin high, margin low, and nominal. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the micro if necessary. The 1-wire synchronization bus supports power supply sequencing across multiple LTC2978 devices. User programmable parameters can be stored in EEPROM. Voltage supervisor, voltage monitor, and temperature faults can also be logged to EEPROM.
- PMBus compliant interface and command set
- Configuration EEPROM
- Fault logging to internal EEPROM
- Differential input, 15-bit ΔΣ ADC with less than ±0.25% of total unadjusted error
- Monitors eight output channels and one input voltage
- Eight-channel sequencer
- Programmable watchdog timer
- Eight UV/OV voltage supervisors
- Eight 10-bit voltage-buffered IDACs with soft connect
- Linear, voltage servo adjusts supply voltages by ramping voltage-buffered IDAC outputs up/down
- Supports multichannel fault management
- On-chip digital temperature sensor
- Available in 64-pin 9 mm × 9 mm QFN package
- Network servers