The LTC®2757 from Linear Technology is an 18-bit multiplying parallel-input, current-output digital-to-analog converter that provides full 18-bit performance—INL and DNL of ±1LSB maximum—over temperature without any adjustments. 18-bit monotonicity is guaranteed in all performance grades. This SoftSpan™ DAC operates from a single 3V to 5V supply and offers six output ranges (up to ±10V) that can be programmed through the parallel interface or pin-strapped for operation in a single range.
In addition to its precision DC specifications, the LTC2757 also offers excellent AC specifications, including 2.1μs full-scale settling to 1LSB and 1.4nV•s glitch impulse.
The LTC2757 uses a bidirectional input/output parallel interface that allows readback of any on-chip register, including DAC output-range settings; and a CLR pin and power-on reset circuit that reset the DAC outputs to 0V regardless of output range.
Guaranteed ±1LSB INL & DNL Over Temperature
The LTC® 2757 is the first monolithic 18-bit DAC to offer precision DC specifications of ±1LSB INL (max) and ±1LSB DNL (max). The LTC® 2757 provides better than ±4ppm accuracy over four bipolar and two unipolar output ranges for precision adjustment in open loop applications. Excellent temperature drift and power supply rejection simplify system design.
||18-Bit Parallel Iout DAC with Softspan (1LSB INL)
||18-Bit Parallel Iout DAC with Softspan (2LSB INL)
- Program or Pin-Strap Six Output Ranges:
0V to 5V, 0V to 10V, –2.5V to 7.5V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- 18-Bit Settling Time: 2.1μs
- Glitch Impulse: 1.4nV•s (3V), 3nV•s (5V)
- Output Noise: 14nV/√Hz with LT® 1468 Output Amp
- 1MHz Reference Multiplying Bandwidth
- Temperature Drift:
- ±0.2 LSB INL Drift from –40°C to 85°C
- ±0.25 ppm/°C Gain Drift
- ±0.15 ppm/°C Bipolar Zero Drift
- Power Supply Rejection: ±0.8 LSB/V
- Voltage-Controlled Offset and Gain Trims
- Parallel Interface with Readback of All Registers
- Reset to 0V Regardless of Output Range
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single Supply Operation
- Maximum Supply Current: 1µA
- 48-Pin 7mm × 7mm LQFP Package
- Precision Instrumentation
- Galvanometer Scanners
- DAQ Modules
- Calibration Equipment