Linear Technology's LTC2655 is a family of quad I²C 16-/12-bit rail-to-rail DACs with integrated 10ppm/°C maximum reference. These DACs have built-in high performance, rail-to-rail, output buffers and are guaranteed monotonic. The LTC2655-L has a full-scale output of 2.5V with the integrated reference and operates from a single 2.7V to 5.5V supply. The LTC2655-H has a full-scale output of 4.096V with the integrated reference and operates from a 4.5V to 5.5V supply. Additionally, each DAC can also operate with an external reference, which sets the full-scale output to two times the external reference voltage.
The parts use a 2-wire I²C compatible serial interface. The LTC2655 operates in both standard mode (maximum clock rate of 100kHz) and fast mode (maximum clock rate of 400kHz). The LTC2655 incorporates a power-on reset circuit that is controlled by the PORSEL pin. If the PORSEL pin is tied to GND, the DAC resets to zero-scale at power up, or if the pin is tied to VCC, the DAC resets to mid-scale.
- Integrated reference 10ppm/°C max.
- Maximum INL error: ±4LSB at 16 bits
- Guaranteed monotonic overtemperature
- Selectable internal or external reference
- 2.7V to 5.5V supply range (LTC2655-L)
- Integrated reference buffers
- Ultralow crosstalk between DACs (<1nVs)
- Power-on-reset to zero-scale/mid-scale
- Asynchronous DAC update pin