The LTC2636 is a family of octal 12-, 10-, and 8-bit voltage-output DACs with an integrated, high-accuracy, low-drift 10ppm/°C reference in 14-lead DFN and 16-lead MSOP packages. It has a rail-to-rail output buffer and is guaranteed monotonic. The LTC2636-L has a full-scale output of 2.5V, and operates from a single 2.7V to 5.5V supply. The LTC2636-H has a full-scale output of 4.096V, and operates from a 4.5V to 5.5V supply. Each DAC can also operate with an external reference, which sets the DAC full-scale output to the external reference voltage.
These DACs communicate via an SPI/MICROWIRE compatible 3-wire serial interface which operates at clock rates up to 50MHz. Hardware clear (CLR) and asynchronous DAC update (LDAC) pins are available in the MSOP package. The LTC2636 incorporates a power-on reset circuit. Options are available for reset to zero-scale or reset to mid-scale in internal reference mode, or reset to mid-scale in external reference mode after power-up.
- Integrated Precision Reference
- 2.5V Full-Scale 10ppm/°C (LTC2636-L)
- 4.096V Full-Scale 10ppm/°C (LTC2636-H)
- Maximum INL Error: 2.5LSB (LTC2636-12)
- Low Noise: 0.75mVP-P 0.1Hz to 200KHz
- Guaranteed Monotonic Over –40°C to 125°C Temperature Range
- Selectable Internal or External Reference
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Range (LTC2636-L)
- Ultralow Crosstalk Between DACs (<2.4nV•s)
- Low Power: 0.9mA at 3V (LTC2636-L)
- Power-On-Reset to Zero-Scale/Mid-Scale
- Double-Buffered Data Latches
- Tiny 14-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Lead MSOP Packages