Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTC2323-16, a dual, 16-bit, 5 Msps simultaneous sampling, successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with flexible differential inputs. The LTC2323-16 supports a wide input common-mode range and simplifies system-level design by relaxing the signal conditioning requirements to drive the ADC with a wide range of analog signals up to Nyquist frequencies.
The LTC2323-16 leads a family of 16-, 14- and 12-bit SAR ADCs, featuring sample rates of 5 Msps and 2 Msps while achieving 81 dB SNR at 16 bits, 80 dB SNR at 14 bits, and 73 dB SNR at 12 bits. The 14- and 12-bit versions feature sign-plus magnitude transfer functions, making them ideally suited for control-loop applications. The LTC2323 family integrates a precision bandgap reference with low drift and guaranteed 20 ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient into a small 20 mm² QFN-28 package. The devices can be powered from a 3.3 V or 5 V supply and consume just 55 mW with a 3.3 V supply and 80 mW with a 5 V supply. The high-speed SPI-compatible CMOS or LVDS serial interface is ideal for highly-integrated high-speed systems.
The LTC2323-16 is available today in commercial, industrial, and automotive (-40°C to 125°C) temperature grades.
- 5 Msps throughput rate
- ±4 LSB INL (typ)
- Guaranteed 16-bit, no missing codes
- 8 VP-P flexible differential inputs with wide input common mode range
- 81 dB SNR (typ) at FIN = 2.2 MHz
- -85 dB THD (typ) at FIN = 2.2 MHz
- Guaranteed operation to 125°C
- Single 3.3 V or 5 V supply
- Low drift (20 ppm/°C Max) 2.048 V or 4.096 V internal reference
- 1.8 V to 2.5 V I/O voltages
- CMOS or LVDS SPI-compatible serial I/O
- Power dissipation 40m W/Ch (typ)
- Small 28-lead (4 mm x 5 mm) QFN package
SAR ADC Input Types
Dual 16-Bit 5 Msps SAR ADC