The LT®8471 from Linear Technology is a dual-PWM DC/DC converter containing two internal 2 A, 50 V switches and an additional 500 mA switch to facilitate step-down and inverting conversion. Each 2 A channel can be independently configured as a buck, boost, SEPIC, flyback, or inverting converter. Capable of generating positive and negative outputs from a single input rail, the LT8471 is ideal for many local power-supply designs.
The LT8471 has an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor placed from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT8471 can be synchronized to an external clock. The free-running or synchronized-switching frequency range of the part can be set between 100 kHz and 2 MHz.
Additional features such as frequency foldback, soft-start, and power good are integrated. The LT8471 is available in a 20-lead TSSOP package.
- Dual 2 A and one 500 mA, 50 V internal power switch channels
- 2 A primary channels can be buck, boost, SEPIC, ZETA, flyback or inverting DC/DC converter
- 500 mA skyhook channel efficiently generates boosted input voltage
- Wide input voltage range of 2.6 V to 50 V
- UVLO and OVLO programmable on OV/UV pin
- Soft-start programmable for each channel
- Fixed frequency PWM (set by RT pin or synchronized to external clock)
- Anti-phase switching reduces input ripple
- 20-lead TSSOP package
One Switcher Does It All
LT8471 Dual Multitopology Converter with 2 A Switches Video
LT8471 Typical Application
|Manufacturer Part Number||Description||Main Purpose||Outputs and Type||Available Quantity||Buy Now
|DC1854A||BOARD EVAL FOR LT8471EFE||DC/DC, Negative Inverter||2, Non-Isolated||0||