Linear Technology's LT3957 and LT3958 DC/DC converters can generate a positive or negative regulated output voltage with two internal voltage feedback error amplifiers and reference voltages. One set is for positive output voltages, and the other is for negative output voltages, both off a single feedback pin. With a programmable fixed or synchronizable operating frequency from 100 kHz to 1 MHz, designers can choose a wide range of inductors and capacitors to optimize size, performance, and cost.
Its current-mode control results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The device supports designs using only ceramic capacitors, enabling a smaller solution size. Additional features include programmable soft start, adjustable input undervoltage lockout as well as output overvoltage and overcurrent protection.
- For boost, flyback, SEPIC, and inverting applications
- Wide input operating voltage: 3 V to 40 V (LT3957)
- Wide input operating voltage: 5 V to 80 V (LT3958)
- Onboard 5 A/40 V power switch (LT3957)
- Onboard 84 V/3.5 A power switch (LT3958)
- Positive or negative output voltage setting with a single feedback pin
- Selectable fixed 100 kHz to 1 MHz operating frequency
- Synchronizable to an external clock
- Programmable soft start
- True current-mode control
- Additional pin-to-pin IC spacing
- Output overvoltage and overcurrent protection
- Programmable input undervoltage lockout with hysteresis