The LT3791 is the latest in Linear Technology's growing family of high-power, high-performance LED drivers designed to simplify power delivery to high-brightness LEDs. The 4-switch buck-boost controller topology operates from input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage, while delivering constant currents from 1 A up to tens of amps. The LT3791 also provides ±4% LED current accuracy and ±1.5% output voltage accuracy to ensure the highest performance in LED solutions.
The controller can regulate LED currents up to 52 V in LED strings with input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The constant-frequency, forced-continuous current mode architecture allows its frequency to be adjusted or synchronized from 200 kHz to 700 kHz. No top MOSFET refresh switching cycle is needed in buck or boost operation. With 60 V input, 60 V output capability and seamless transitions between operating regions, the LT3791 is ideal for LED driver applications in automotive, industrial, and even battery-powered systems.
The LT3791 provides input current monitor, LED current monitor, and open or shorted LED fault protection, during which the LT3791 either restarts or latches off.
- Wide VIN range: 4.7 V to 60 V
- Wide VOUT range: 0 V to 60 V (55 V LED)
- ±2% output voltage accuracy
- Synchronous switching: up to 98.5% efficiency
- True Color PWM™ and analog dimming
- ±6% LED current accuracy: 0 V ≤ VOUT < 60 V
- Open or shorted LED fault protection
- 4-switch single inductor architecture allows VIN above, below or equal to VOUT
- No top MOSFET refresh in buck or boost