Linear Technology's LT3757 is a wide input range, current mode, DC/DC controller that is capable of generating either positive or negative output voltages. It can be configured as a boost, flyback, SEPIC or inverting converter. The LT3757 drives a low side external N-channel power MOSFET from an internal regulated 7.2V supply. The fixed frequency, current-mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages.
The operating frequency of LT3757 can be set with an external resistor over a 100kHz to 1MHz range and can be synchronized to an external clock using the SYNC pin. A low minimum operating supply voltage of 2.9V and a low shutdown quiescent current of less than 1µA make the LT3757 ideally suited for battery-operated systems.
The LT3757 features soft-start and frequency foldback functions to limit inductor current during start-up and output short-circuit. The device is available in a small 10-lead DFN (3mm × 3mm) or MSOP package.
- Wide input voltage range: 2.9V to 40V
- Positive or negative output voltage programming with a single feedback pin
- Current mode control provides excellent transient response
- Programmable operating frequency (100kHz-1MHz) with one external resistor
- Synchronizeable to an external clock
- Output overvoltage protection
- Low shutdown current <1µA
- Internal 7.2V low dropout voltage regulator
- Programmable input undervoltage lockout with hysteresis
- Programmable soft-start
- Small 10-lead DFN (3mm × 3mm) and thermally enhanced 10-pin MSOP packages
- Automotive and industrial boost, flyback, SEPIC and inverting converters
- Telecom power supplies
- Portable electronic equipment