As electronics shrink down to new levels of portability, manufacturers have figured out how to cram more high-functioning components in a more compressed board area. The Minikin-Air series is the perfect selection for design engineers as it represents the smallest, thinnest, yet still powerful and robust LEDs. The Minikin-Air series is available in two different package types and both are featured as the industry’s thinnest SMD LED – 0.2 mm in thickness (height). It is only ¼ of total thickness compared to conventional 0603 SMD LEDs and reduces the mounting area by more than 50%. The lightweight and miniaturization of the physical size of these ultra-thin SMD LEDs make them optimal for mobile applications or any design with a space constraint. In compliance to RoHS and REACH regulations, both packages are compatible with automated placement equipment.
- 0.2 mm in total thickness
- Industry’s thinnest SMD LED
- Available in blue, true green, amber, orange, and red
- Top emitting, chip-type SMD LED 1.0 mm x 0.5 mm x 0.2 mm (0402 package)
- Right angle, chip-type SMD LED 1.6 mm x 0.9 mm x 0.2 mm
- High-intensity output – power consumption as low as 1 mA
- Ideal for portable devices, mobile consumer electronics and industrial handheld devices, backlighting, and indicator applications.