The MXHV9910 is a low-cost, high-brightness (HB) LED driver manufactured using Clare's high-voltage BCDMOS on SOI process. This driver has internal circuitry that allows it to operate from a universal AC line or from 8 VDC to 450 VDC. This highly versatile input operating voltage enables this IC to be used in a broad range of HB LED applications.
This driver features a fixed-frequency, peak-current control method, which provides an ideal solution for driving multiple LEDs in series and in parallel. Additionally, LED dimming can be implemented by applying a small DC voltage to the LD pin or a low-frequency digital PWM signal to the PWMD pin.
The MXHV9910 is available in a standard 8-lead SOIC package and a thermally enhanced 8-lead SOIC package with an Exposed Thermal Pad (EP).
- 8 V to 450 V input voltage range
- 90% efficiency
- Drives multiple LEDs in series/parallel combinations
- Regulated LED drive current
- Linear or PWM brightness control
- Resistor-programmable oscillator frequency
- RoHS compliant
- Flat-panel display RGB backlighting
- Signage and decorative LED lighting
- DC/DC or AC/DC LED driver applications