Ixys' CPC9909 is a low cost, high efficiency, offline, high brightness (HB) LED driver manufactured using Ixys' high voltage BCDMOS on SOI process. This driver has an internal regulator that allows it to operate from 8VDC to 550VDC . This wide input operating voltage range enables the driver to be used in a broad range of HB LED applications.
The CPC9909 features pulse frequency modulation (PFM) with a constant peak-current control scheme. This regulation scheme is inherently stable, allowing the driver to be operated above 50 percent duty cycle without open loop instability or sub-harmonic oscillations. LED dimming can be implemented by applying a small DC voltage to the LD pin or by applying a low frequency PWM signal to the PWMD pin.
The CPC9909 is available in a standard 8-lead SOIC package and a thermally enhanced 8-lead SOIC package with an exposed thermal pad (EP).
- 8VDC to 550VDC input voltage range
- >90% efficiency
- Stable operation at >50% duty cycle
- Drives multiple LEDs in series/parallel
- Regulated LED current
- Linear or PWM brightness control inputs
- Resistor-programmable minimum off-time
- SOIC-8 RoHS compliant package
- Buck or boost configuration
- Flat-panel display RGB backlighting
- Signage and decorative LED lighting
- DC/DC or AC/DC LED driver applications