International Rectifiers µIPM family consists of ultra-compact, surface-mount intelligent power modules designed for low power, motor-drive applications. The modules offer a combination of IR's low RDS(ON) Trench MOSFET technology and the industry benchmark 3-phase high voltage, rugged driver in an ultra-compact package. At only 12 mm x 12 mm x 0.9 mm, µIPM modules are the smallest in the industry, making them suitable for applications that are space-constrained. Integrated bootstrap functionality eliminates the need for external high-voltage diodes, while over-current protection, fault reporting, and under-voltage lockout functions deliver a high level of protection and fail-safe operation.
IR's µIPM product family offers a scalable power solution with common pin-out and package size. Featuring the most rugged and efficient high-voltage FredFET MOSFET switches specifically optimized for variable frequency drives and IR's most advanced high-voltage driver ICs, the µIPM product family offers DC current ratings ranging from 2 A to 4 A and voltages of 250 V and 500 V.
- Open-source for leg-shunt current sensing
- Optimized dv/dt for loss and EMI trade offs
- Low RDS(ON) Trench MOSFET
- Designed for use without a heat sink
- Motor power range up to ~150 W
- Protection features: shutdown pin, under-voltage lockout, over-current protection
- Smallest form factor in the industry at 12 mm x 12 mm x 0.9 mm
- Proprietary 3-phase gate drivers and bootstrap functionality