Infineon believes that ease of use, along with energy efficiency on the level of its predecessor CoolMOS C3 and the additional improvement in light load efficiency, will make the CoolMOS C6 series the benchmark for hard-switching applications. On the other hand, very low energy stored in the output capacitance and hard commutation ruggedness makes the device ideal for resonant switching applications.
The CoolMOS C6 devices are easy to design-in and very well suited for various energy-efficient applications such as power supplies or adapters for PCs, notebooks or mobile phones, and lighting (HID, High-Intensity Discharge) products, as well as displays (LCD or Plasma TV) and consumer applications including gaming consoles.
- Extremely low losses due to very low FOM Rdson*Qg and Eoss
- Very high commutation ruggedness
- Easy to use/drive
- Qualified for industrial grade applications according to JEDEC
- Pb-free plating, Halogen-free mold compound
- PFC stages, hard-switching PWM stages, and resonant switching PWM stages.
- PC Silverbox
- Adapters and servers
- LCD and PDP TV
- Telecom and UPS