Grayhill's Series 04J is a single-pole, 4-way joystick with a pushbutton in the center position. Designed and manufactured to meet mil-spec standards for mechanical shock and moisture seal, it is ideal for any application where vibration or contamination are a concern. This rugged and reliable joystick will survive in military vehicles, construction equipment and industrial controls such as CNC machines.
Both 04J switches feature momentary contact with a self-return to center, where the contact is open. The standard knob is shaped and sized for easy operation with a single thumb or finger, allowing for both directional control and pushbutton select without requiring the user to remove their finger from the control. A cone shaped knob is also offered as an option.
The 04J switch is ideally suited for control panels where space is restricted. This compact joystick can provide cursor control where other pointing devices are impractical, such as on test and measurement equipment or medical electronics.
- Rating: 2A resistive; 0.5A inductive at 28VDC/115VAC
- Operating temperature: -55°C to +85°C
- Pushbutton travel: 0.020 minimum overall
- Joystick lever travel: 15° from center
- Joystick pivot/stop strength: 25lbs
- Immersion: Per MIL-PRF-8805
- Mechanical shock: Per MIL-STD-810, procedure I, method 516.4
- Operational life: 100,000 cycles
- Pushbutton operating force: 5lbs
- Operating force: 16oz ± 6oz initial
- Contact resistance: 0.05Ω
- Moisture resistance: Per MIL-DTL-9419