FTDI has announced the release of the C232HM-DDHSL-0 (3.3 V output) and C232HM-EDHSL-0 (5 V output) USB 2.0 Hi-Speed to Digital Level Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) cables - which form part of its expanding 'Instant USB cable' line. These offer a fast, simple way to connect devices with 3.3 V logic level interfaces to USB. Both support the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mb/s) standard.
Each cable is terminated by ten individual wires which are single pole connectors that can be interfaced to a 0.1" pitch male header. Measuring 0.5 m in length, the cables support data transfer rates of up to 30 Mb/s. The C232HM-DDHSL-0 version has a maximum output of 200 mA at 3.3 V, with the C232HM-EDHSL-0 having a maximum output of 200 mA at 5.0 V.
Powered from a USB host port, these cables can be easily configured into various interface options using freely available application software. FTDI also provides the required USB drivers free to download from its website.
Both C232HM cables have an operational temperature range spanning from -40°C to +85°C. They are FCC/CE compliant.
- Based on the single chip USB Hi-Speed FT232H device
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12 Mbits/Second) compatible
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip - no USB-specific firmware programming required
- USB Type A connector for direct connection to a host or hub
- USB bus powered
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking
- 1 kByte receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput
- FTDI's royalty-free D2XX drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Synchronous Serial (MPSSE) data rates of up to 30 Mbps on JTAG, SPI and I²C
- Custom versions also available (subject to Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ))
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout
- Support for USB suspend and resume
- Low operating and USB suspend current
- Low USB bandwidth consumption
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
- Cable length is 0.5 m (19.7 inch)
- USB to JTAG interfaces
- USB to SPI interfaces
- USB to I²C interfaces
- USB instrumentation
- Interfacing MCU / PLD / FPGA based designs to USB
- USB audio and low bandwidth video data transfer
- Rapid USB integration into existing electronic systems
- Prototyping platform for USB interface on new systems