The FT2232H (Dual) and FT4232H (Quad) are FTDI’s 5th generation of USB devices. The FT2232H and FT4232H are USB 2.0 high-speed (480 Mb/s) to UART/MPSSE ICs. The device features 2 or 4 UARTs respectively. They have the capability of being configured in a variety of industry-standard serial or parallel interfaces.
The FT4232H can have two independent UART’s that can configure an MPSSE engine. This allows the FT4232H to operate as two UART/bit-bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes.
- Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI, or bit-bang) design
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART transfer data rate up to 12 Mbaud. (RS232 data rate limited by external level shifter)
- Low-operating and USB-suspend current
- Single-chip USB to serial / parallel ports with a variety of configurations
- Extended -40°C to 85°C industrial operating temperature range
- +1.8 V (chip core) and +3.3 V I/O interfacing (+5 V tolerant)
- +3.3 V single-supply operating voltage range
- Compact 64-LD lead-free LQFP or QFN package
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4, 8, 12 or 16 mA) and slew rate
- Supports bus-powered, self-powered, and high-power bus-powered USB configurations