The Tomodachi series of non-isolated DC-DC converters delivers exceptional electrical and thermal performance in DOSA-based footprints for Point-of-Load converters. Operating from a 3.0 VDC to 14.4 VDC input, these are the converters of choice for Intermediate Bus Architecture (IBA) and Distributed Power Architecture applications that require high-efficiency, tight-regulation, and high-reliability in elevated temperature environments with low airflow. The Tunable Loop™ feature allows the user to optimize the dynamic response of the converter to match the load with reduced amount of output capacitance, leading to savings on cost and PWB area.
The FGSR12SR6003*A converter of the Tomodachi series delivers 3 A of output current at a tightly-regulated programmable output voltage of 0.6 VDC to 5.5 VDC. The thermal performance of the FGSR12SR6003*A is best-in-class. No derating is needed up to 85°C under natural convection.
Available in Tape and Reel (TR-ND), Cut Tape (CT-ND), and custom Digi-Reel® (DKR-ND).
- Compliant to RoHS EU Directive 2011/65/EC
- Delivers up to 3 A (16.5 W)
- High-efficiency, no heatsink required
- Negative and positive ON/OFF logic
- DOSA based
- Small size: 0.48 in x 0.48 in x 0.246 in
- Tape and reel packaging
- Programmable output voltage from 0.6 V to 5.5 V via external resistor
- Tunable Loop™ to optimize dynamic output voltage response
- Power good signal
- Fixed switching frequency
- Output over-current protection (non-latching)
- Over-temperature protection
- Remote ON/OFF
- Ability to sink and source current
- No minimum load required
- Start-up into pre-biased output
- UL*60950-1 2nd Ed. recognized, CSA† C22.2 No.60950-1-07 certified, and VDE‡ (EN60950-1 2nd Ed.) (pending)
- ISO** 9001 and ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facilities
* UL is a registered trademark of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
† CSA is a registered trademark of Canadian Standards Association.
‡ VDE is a trademark of Verband Deutscher Elektrotechniker e.V.
** ISO is a registered trademark of the International Organization of Standards
- Intermediate bus architecture
- Data/voice processing
- Distributed power architecture
- Computing (servers, workstations)
- Test equipment