The digital Tomodachi series of non-isolated DC-DC converters delivers exceptional electrical and thermal performance in DOSA-based footprints for Point-of-Load converters. Operating from a 3.0 VDC to 14.4 VDC input, these are the converters of choice for Intermediate Bus Architecture (IBA) and Distributed Power Architecture applications that require high-efficiency, tight-regulation, and high-reliability in elevated temperature environments with low airflow. The PMBus interface supports a range of commands to both control and monitor the module. The module also includes the Tunable Loop™ feature that allows the user to optimize the dynamic response of the converter to match the load with reduced amount of output capacitance, leading to savings on cost and PWB area.
The FGSD12SR6003*A converter of the digital Tomodachi series delivers 3 A of output current at a tightly regulated programmable and PMBus control output voltage of 0.45 VDCc to 5.5 VDC. The thermal performance of the FGSD12SR6003*A is best-in-class. Little derating is needed up to 85°C under natural convection.
Available in Tape and Reel (TR-ND), Cut Tape (CT-ND), and custom Digi-Reel® (DKR-ND).
- Compliant to RoHS II EU "Directive 2011/65/EC"
- Delivers up to 3 A (16.5 W)
- High-efficiency, no heatsink required
- Negative and positive ON/OFF logic
- DOSA based
- Small size: 0.48 in x 0.48 in x 0.246 in
- Tape and reel packaging
- Programmable output voltage from 0.6 V to 5.5 V via external resistor
- Digitally adjustable down to 0.45 VDC
- Digital interface through the PMBus™# protocol
- Tunable Loop™ to optimize dynamic output voltage response
- Flexible output voltage sequencing EZ-SEQUENCE
- Power good signal
- Fixed switching frequency with capability of external synchronization
- Auto-reset output over-current protection
- Remote ON/OFF
- Ability to sink and source current
- No minimum load required
- Start-up into pre-biased output
- UL*60950-1 2nd Ed. recognized, CSA† C22.2 No.60950-1-07 certified, and VDE‡ (EN60950-1 2nd Ed.) (pending)
- ISO** 9001 and ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facilities
* UL is a registered trademark of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
† CSA is a registered trademark of Canadian Standards Association.
‡ VDE is a trademark of Verband Deutscher Elektrotechniker e.V.
** ISO is a registered trademark of the International Organization of Standards
# The PMBus name and logo are registered trademarks of the System Management Interface Forum (SMIF)
- Intermediate bus architecture
- Data/voice processing
- Distributed power architecture
- Computing (servers, workstations)
- Test equipment