The XR28V384 (V384) is a quad Universal Asynchronous Receiver and Transmitter (UART) for the Intel Low Pin Count (LPC) bus interface. This device can replace or supplement a Super I/O device to add additional serial ports to the system.
The V384 UARTs support any 16-bit I/O address supported by the system. The register set is based on the industry standard 16550 UART, so the V384 operates with the standard serial port drivers without requiring a custom driver to be installed.
The 128-byte Transmit and Receive FIFOs reduce CPU overhead and minimize the chance of buffer overflow and data loss. In addition to the 16550 UART registers, there are also Configuration register sets where enhanced features such as the 9-bit (multi-drop) mode, IrDA mode, and the Watchdog Timer can be enabled.
- 128-byte Transmit and Receive FIFOs
- Compliant to LPC 1.1 specifications
- -40°C to 85°C industrial temp operation
- Watchdog Timer with WDTOUT# signal
- Data rates up to 3 Mbps
- Auto RS-485 Half-Duplex Control mode
- Single 3.3 V supply voltage ( ±10% )
- 5 V tolerant inputs
- 48 TQFP 7 x 7 mm (four channel V384)
- Industrial PCs
- Single board computers
- Embedded systems
- Network routers
- Factory automation controllers