Electric Imp's imp001 is a Wi-Fi-enabled memory card form-factor 802.11 node that can be easily configured to provide wireless access in your application. Apps are available to connect the imp card to the Electric Imp service via a iOS or Android smartphone app, downloadable from iTunes or the Google Play store. To start developing with the imp, please visit the Electric Imp Wiki.
Putting wireless connectivity into a card format allows a host device to become Internet-enabled by inserting the card, thereby placing a minimal cost burden on the product itself. The imp works in conjunction with the Electric Imp platform to allow easy connection of any device to the Internet, which dramatically decreases time to market and cost, is effective, reliable, secure, and easily empowers developers to manage and scale their connected products and services.
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 20 MHz 11 n-channels, 1 x 1
- +16.75 dBm max output power (802.11 b)
- -97 dBm typical sensitivity (1 Mbps)
- Integrated antenna with 2.5 dBi max gain
- 32-bit Cortex™-M3 processor
- 6 user configurable I/Os
- GPIO, PWM, analog input and output
- Robust embedded operating system with fail-safe ﬁrmware updates and a powerful API
- Virtual machine for vendor ﬁrmware
- Embedded bi-color red/green LED for status indication
- Embedded phototransistor for our patent-pending BlinkUp optical conﬁguration technology, that uses a user's smartphone to set the device up