Diodes Incorporated introduced a pair of high-voltage linear regulators suitable for 48V DC power systems in telecom, networking, and Power over Ethernet (PoE) equipment. Integrating several components into TO252-4 and PowerDI5060-8 packages, the ZXTR1005K4 and ZXTR1005PD8 help minimize circuit footprint while providing a fixed 5 V (±2%) output and a high drive capability of 50 mA.
For high-voltage regulation tasks, where industry-standard linear regulators cannot be used, the ZXTR1005 provides a cost-effective alternative that offers a significant improvement in supply reliability. The regulated 5 V output enables microcontrollers to be powered from 48 V telecom rails, while the devices’ 100 V tolerant inputs cope with any transient conditions.
The ZXTR1005’s high-performance line and load regulation capability also ensures transient voltage drops will not result in latch-up, thereby safeguarding continuous operation of the voltage supply. To simplify regulator control and aid diagnostics, the device includes an active-high enable pin allowing the output to be toggled on and off.
Features and Benefits
- Series linear regulator using emitter-follower stage
- Input voltage = 10 to 100 V
- Output voltage = 5 V ± 2%
- ± 4% tolerance over -55 to +125°C
- Output current up to 50 mA
- Toggle output on/off with enable pin
- Totally lead-free and fully RoHS compliant
- Halogen-and antimony-free “Green” device
- Supply voltage regulation in: networking, telecom, and power over Ethernet (PoE)